Try 1 month for 99¢

A house fire in west Beatrice was quickly extinguished by firefighters, Friday morning.

Beatrice Fire and Rescue was dispatched to the 200 block of Wiebe Street at around 3 a.m. Friday after a woman detected smoke.

Fire and Rescue Chief Brian Daake said the occupant was outside upon arrival, and it’s believed the fire was started by a heater.

“There was an old wall furnace and the fire was in the wall around that unit,” he said. “We’re suspecting it was an electrical fire in there.”

Firefighters were on the scene for around an hour, and Daake said the fire was fairly straight forward to fight.

The home sustained around $3,500 in damage, and would likely be livable once the utilities were turned back on.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

  

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments